Association Regional/Rural Development for Future Georgia (RDFG)
Association Regional/Rural Development for Future Georgia (RDFG) works to improve the conditions of the most vulnerable people to prevent and alleviate human suffering, and protect and respect human dignity with complete impartiality and no discrimination. RDFG envisions a Georgia of resilient communities and liable government. The organizational priorities are:
- Social-Economic Development – working with different groups of society to improve their social-economic conditions through vocational trainings, employment programs and social projects.
- Peace Building – working with the conflict-affected people to promote peace, friendship and understanding to avoid social, national and religious conflicts. RDFG partners with national and international organizations to assist Internally Displaced People (IDPs) as they care for their families, build economic opportunity and create strong integrated communities.
- Disaster Management/DRR – working with the local communities to increase their resilience to disasters caused by manmade and natural hazards, and promote the establishment of strategic and systematic disaster management approaches on regional and central levels of government.
RDFG manages its projects within the framework of its Guiding Principles: Gender Mainstreaming; Youth Engagement; Advocacy and Innovation.
For more information, please visit the website www.rdfg.ge
ENPARD in Tetritskaro Project
Within the framework of the ENPARD II project RDFG will work to improve the quality of life in the rural areas of Georgia through the introduction of innovative social-economic models. Specifically, RDFG aims to promote sustainable rural development in Tetritskaro through a diversified rural economy, improved competitiveness of agriculture, and a balanced, participative, and inclusive development strategy.
The objectives of the project are:
- A Local Action Group (LAG) is established (based on the EU LEADER approach) and is a functional entity for improving the quality of life in rural areas through continuous and integrated local development initiatives.
- A community-driven local development strategy and an action plan for Tetritskaro municipality are developed.
- Diversified economic opportunities in Tetritskaro municipality are created through introduction of entrepreneurial-oriented financing mechanisms, employment models and access to innovative environmentally-friendly technologies.
RDFG is implementing ENPARD in Tetritskaro project in partnership with Agro-Technology Association (ATA) and Lithuanian Local Action Group Network (LLAGN). Duration of the project: 46 month.