HEKS-EPER Georgia is committed to justice, peace and integrity. All people have a right to live safe, dignified lives free from all forms of oppression. HEKS-EPER Georgia’s values command respect for people of all cultures and religions. HEKS-EPER Georgia helps individuals in need, irrespective of their nationality or religion. HEKS-EPER Georgia works in 2 domains: Development of Rural communities and Conflict transformation. The aims of the programme are as follows:
- To help increase the income of farming families, allowing them to enjoy the benefits of knowledge transfer and to access infrastructure, loans and markets more easily in order to expand their operations.
- To facilitate access to the job market for disadvantaged and marginalised sections of the population, especially young people, made possible by vocational training and adequate mentoring.
- To motivate individuals and organisations to take an active part in building a civil society based on democratic values.
- To develop the necessary skills to be prepared for emergency situations and to be able to respond accordingly.
- To organize youth, opinion leaders, media actors and CSOs, challenge stereotypes, provide alternative information and offer a common peace vision to the wider society
The target groups reached by HEKS-EPER Georgia projects are rural populations True to the course pursued by HEKS-EPER Georgia, disenfranchised people, members of minority groups, women and young people take center stage.
For more information visit HEKS EPER Georgia website: www.heks.ch/en/worldwide/europe/georgia/
Within the EU-funded ENPARD programme, HEKS EPER Georgia implements Project “Promoting Citizen Engagement for Economic Development (PROCEED)” in Dedoplistskaro municipality. The project duration is December 2016 – November 2020.
Overall Objective of the project is to contribute to the reduction of poverty in the Dedoplistskaro municipality of Kakheti region. Specific objective of the project is improved community members’ employment and income opportunities for an improved quality of life, with following outputs:
- A replicable system of cooperation among local stakeholders (Local Action Group/LAG) to promote local development is operational and sustainable;
- A local Development strategy for Dedoplistskaro municipality is developed by the LAG and supported at municipal level;
- Mechanism to contribute to sustainability of the LAG, supported through the appropriate structures after the project ends, is designed together with relevant stakeholders and authorities
- Capacity of farmers as well as tourism related and other businesses representatives have improved, resulted in improvement of employment and income
- Social and economic services are improved in the municipality