Position: Project Implementation Manager
Provided by: National Food Agency
Published: Feb 2 / Deadline: Feb 17
The National Food Agency (NFA) is a Legal Entity under the Public Law under the Ministry of Agriculture and the central governmental institution (i.e. the Competent Authority) responsible for Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures and overall food safety system in the country.
LEPL National Food Agency of the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia is pleased to announce an opening for the position of Project Implementation Manager of the EU funded “Support to the national Food Agency – Phase III” Project.
Duty Station: Tbilisi, Georgia
Project Reference: ENPI/2016/383-076
Title: “Support to the National Food Agency – Phase 3”
Duration of Employment: 26 months
Organizational Setting: The Project Implementation Manager will work under the supervision of the Head of the National Food Agency, and will be accountable and report to the Project Manager at the EUD.
Overall job content:
The Project Implementation Manager will have demonstrable expertise in the leadership and management of multi-component long-term donor funded projects providing support to state entities or non-state actors. He/she will have expertise in the field of agriculture and food safety (with EU and related international conventions and agreements), preferably in the context of countries in transition.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
He/she will be responsible for the overall implementation, management and representation of the programme. She/he will be responsible in particular for:
- Supervising the implementation of all technical aspects of the project, including programme action planning;
- Monitoring of implementation of work plan and activities of the project;
- Reporting to the Contracting Authority, project progress reports (for which he/she will be accountable);
- Developing and maintaining good working relations between the project and the Contracting Authority, as well as the senior officials of the counterpart, Ministry of Agriculture and other Ministries, Parliament and its specialist committees;
- Coordinating project activities with other international donors and local project teams, non-governmental organisations and individual food sector companies and their representative organisations;
- Ensuring that the project communication, promotion and visibility requirements are fully met, in accordance with guidelines from the Contracting Authority. This will involve liaising closely with the EU;
- Ensuring timely, effective and quality reporting, in accordance with contractual agreements;
- Assessing evolving training needs and development of relevant proposals for training of NFA staff;
- Supporting and overseeing capacity development of NFA in project planning, implementation and assessment.
The Project Implementation Manager will also be responsible for identifying, drafting terms of reference, programming and evaluating the effectiveness of supplementary experts needed to address unforeseen problems and technical issues.
Qualifications and skills:
- Advanced University degree, equivalent to Master`s in Agriculture, Economics (PhD would be an asset);
- Good communication skill including inter-personal skills;
- Strong leadership, management, organisational and reporting skills;
- Excellent computer literacy;
- Proven skills on economical and statistical analysis would be considered as a strong asset;
- Experience in supporting the development of agri-food policies and strategies;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Georgian languages.
- Minimum 10 years` experience as team leader/leading managerial position in international projects;
- Minimum 4 years` experience in supporting institutional building and alignment with the EU acquis especially in relation to food safety, quality, plant and animal disease control, food compositional standards, GMO quality standards and/or rural development.
- Minimum 2 years` experience in providing statistical and economic analysis of development in food and agriculture sector would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years` experience as a senior expert in Georgia.
Interested candidates should submit a CV by e-mail to: email@example.com and indicate “Project Implementation Manager” in the subject line.
Deadline for submission of applications is 17 February 2017, 18.00 Tbilisi time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.